I don't actually know what makes it a Russian January as opposed to an American January (the cold obvoiusly doesn't count because it gets cold everywhere), but we'll just call it good and keep moving forward... or something.
So I forgot to tell you this last week, but I thought I'd let you know how amused I was when I read that they'd like me to speak in Sacrament Meeting on the 27th, which, as dad pointed out, would give me a few days to decompress a bit after I get home. My first thought on reading it was, "holy cow, they've given me an entire week! What am I supposed to do with that much preparation time?" Obviously I've been in Khabarovsk too long, where speakers have an occasional tendency to not show up the day they're supposed to speak, and Elder Kevern (fellow missionary/Branch President), upon finding this out looks over at me as I'm playing prelude and asks, "So, what did you learn during personal study today?" Ha. I guess the moral of this story is that I'd be happy to speak on the 27th, and if they want to give me a topic that's fine, and if they don't, well, I think I'll be able to come up with something on my own. It might be a recounting of my reading in the Book of Mormon, but at least it'd be something.
In any case, as far as doing things when I get home (seeing as how it'll be President's Day weekend and everything), I am up for absolutely anything and everything, as long as it means I don't have to spend long hours trying to convince people on the street that yes, although it is in fact too cold for a conversation on the street, and although you do seem to be in a hurry, you really do want to hear what it is that we've got to offer, and it'll give us all the benefit of getting out of the cold for a few minutes. So if we want to go to the beach, I'm up for that. Or the outlet stores. Or even the Imaginarium in Seattle, although I will admit that I don't actually know what that is. Something tells me that the activity isn't going to matter so much as the lack of airplane-age is. So. I leave it in your hands to decide. Surprise me.
In other news, Sister Ivanova (my first companion, you will remember) apparently went and got herself married last week, which is of course wonderful, but also a little weird for me, because we were only just serving together this time last year and she hasn't been home all that long in any case. But I wish her all the best nonetheless.
Anyway, that's all I've got for you this week. Enjoy the warm weather (or as they say here, "Just wait until the winds start next week!"), try to do something entertaining, and... well, I guess you can't go to the temple until the 15th, but in that case be thinking temple-y thoughts this week.
Love you,
Sister Read
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment