The sun is shining, the air is clear... ish, I just had a delicious lunch consisting of what could possibly be just carrots and garlic, but it was good in any case. And heck, just because I'm feeling generous ish, have a few pictures, on me. There's one of me and Sister Lewis, one of me in a very typical piece of Russian scenery, one of Sister Tolmachova and Oleg (who was baptized the first time I was in Vlad) and the peanut butter I bought for him in Korea, One of me and Sister Kapustina standing on the top of a mountain, and one of me and Sister Kovalevskaya doing what we did best - watching things bake in the oven. I figured it was about time you found out what my companions looked like. I guess in theory you could've already stalked them on Facebook, but what the heck. Enjoy yourselves... or something.
In any case, this week I spent time in Korea. And it was hot. But still awesome. Per usual. And actually not so much hot as muggy. Very muggy. I'd pretty much take a shower in the morning and come home still dripping at night. Ick. But for all of that, I spent a whole lot of time in the temple (pretty much all day on Thursday, which, incidentally, happened to be my year mark after going through. Not a bad way to spend it, all things considered. We did a session, initiatories, and then another 75 baptisms and confirmations each), ran around Seoul, and bought various and sundry World Cup souveniers for dirt cheap (Korea played - and from what I can gather, lost - on Thursday, so they were selling bright red (and occasionally badly translated, my favorite. I bought a jersey just for that) things everywhere). Good days, but not nearly as fulfulling (except of course for the temple) as the work I do here. I guess this is why they don't send us on tourism missions. Maybe.
Incidentally, and I'm a little fuzzy on today's exact date (looking at the bottom right-hand side of the computer is far too logical), but I get the feeling mom has a birthday coming up... Saturday ish. So. Happy birthday mom! Half a century already! I hope you're going to have an appropriately large get-together for this. With the attendant Old People Jokes. And the disgusting dentures.
Apparently I've officially spent too much time trying to decide which pictures to send, because my hour is up. I love you all, happy birthday mom!, have a good week, enjoy whatever weather you happen to have around there, and... go to the temple. Please?
-Sister Read
No comments:
Post a Comment