Sunday, April 18, 2010

There are only 11 days left in April. Gross.

So I was walking along the street the other day, minding my own business, and guess what I saw? Grass! Green! Like, real, growing-out-of-the-ground, not-left-over-from-last-year grass! I wanted to pick it and take it home, but I figured it wouldn't last long there. Plus I didn't have anywhere to put it. I guess that means that spring comes even here in Russia... although it did admittedly snow around Wednesday-ish of last week. But. That's Not The Point.
 
I finally got my package too... thanks mom! Sister Kovalevskaya also says thanks, especially for the peanut butter chocolate. I don't know why they don't sell peanut butter here, seeing as how it's such a huge hit with the natives and all. No wait, I lie. They do sell it, but it looks funny and it costs about $15 for a small baby-food-type jar. I haven't been nearly desperate enough to buy it yet, and something tells me I never will... especially since I can get the American stuff in Korea. But enough about canned goods.
 
And before I forget as well... (yes, I like ellipses today. So?) Sister Kovalevskaya has kindly requested that you would please to be sending me more pictures please, especially of our family because the ones that I have are far too little and don't give enough detail (I am, of course, talking to everybody here, family or not). This of course is coming from the companion who has no printed pictures herself, but has them all saved on various and sundry discs. It's very possible that I could see them even... someday.
 
Yesterday we finally got to watch Conference, and it was amazing, per usual. When I finally get around to finding some children to raise, I'll know exactly what I need to do for it. Haha. I kid. But only mostly. I especially enjoyed the Young Women's Session, which we watched as a Relief Society (bit of a lack of Young Women here, go figure) during Priesthood session. It'll be something to share with some of our wayward members when the Liahona gets here.
 
I dunno what else went on for me this week. We did get a drunken phone call at 4:30 in the morning one day. Somebody we met on the street desperately wanted to inform us that the pass-along card we'd given him had moved all by itself, and he was worried it might be alive. We told him it wasn't too likely, and that he'd be better off sleeping at that time, which, coincidentally, we also intended to do. Good day to you, good luck, and feel free to show up to church on Sunday, any Sunday at 11:00. Before I started my mission I had no idea there were so many interesting people in the world. I'm pretty sure I've still got hundreds more to meet in the next 9 months.
 
Anyway, per usual, that's all you get. Have an enjoyable week this week (although if it goes badly try to enjoy yourselves anyway), and try to keep yourselves safe.
 
Love you,
Sister Read

No comments:

Post a Comment