So just in case you were wondering, and I know that you were all wondering, somehow in the excitement of my daily life I totally and completely missed the fact that yesterday was Easter, at least until we got to church. Don't ask me how I did it. We've been handing out "Christ Was Resurrected!" pass-along cards for the last few weeks, and of course there's been the general Easter's-Coming-Gotta-Be- Prepared kind of attitude hanging around, but all the same it just sort of fell on me. And apparently I also forgot that it's Conference Weekend, but I guess that's more understandable because we don't even get the translations for at least two weeks after it's been broadcast. I'm expecting we'll see it sometime in May. Hope it was a good one.
We had Zone Conference this week, and of course it was amazing. Definitely weird having more than six missionaries there though. Right now we're up to 29 in the mission, which meant that there were 18 of us in the church on Thursday (Khabarovsk also has their own Zone Conference, also just in case you wondered). Wow. I still think it's hilarious that our entire mission, with all of its missionaries, doesn't even count as an entire Zone in other places. Ha. (Insert tasteless and very unfunny joke about being The Chosen here)
So given that Vlad is the headquarters of the mission, it's not surprising (or it shouldn't be) that we've got more members to work with here. One of our members in particular is a sweet little old babushka, and I'm pretty sure she has no idea I exist. It's really quite amusing. She loves elders (LOVES them. They move things, they clean things, they ate the food she made them, sat and talked with her for hours... Oh, elders. Such nice friendly young men. American. Just the sort of people that should be attending to an old lady. Not like the Russians. Can't abide Russians.) She has trouble remembering Sister Kovalevskaya's name, and she doesn't even bother asking for mine. All the same she has no trouble asking us for favors, and Sister Kovalevskaya's already given her a back massage twice. Ha. I'm amused. She does make good food though, I'll give her that. Maybe someday she'll actually find out that I'm American too. ...Just not an elder.
In any case, I'm all out of time and amusing stories. Per usual, in other words. have yourselves an enjoyable week, with conference and work and school and who knows what else y'all get up to.
Love you,
Sister Read
No comments:
Post a Comment