...And since myldsmail randomly decided to send my email before I was finished it, weeell... I guess that counts as a sneak preview of what's coming.
I can't believe I've already been in Yuzhno 6 months. That's just ridiculous. Next thing you know, I'll be halfway done with my mission. Oh wait, that's only 3 weeks away. Disgusting. They definitely did not tell me that time in Russia goes 500 times faster than it does at home.
On Wednesday Sister Kapustina nearly got run over by a tractor. That was exciting. We were walking along the sidewalk, minding our own business (and other peoples', of course (something about this story set up sounds familiar...).) when up ahead loomed a big blue monster of a machine. We couldn't just exit the sidewalk and start walking on the street, because the sidewalk was fenced in by about 3 feet of snow, and we couldn't turn around and retrace our steps because that was just too far to walk. So. Logically, the only choice we had was to go around the tractor. Sister Kapustina started first, and since the tractor wasn't moving all that quickly, I figured she'd be okay if she went carefully. I guess the tractor driver didn't agree though, because he hit the breaks. Only problem with that was that he'd hit the breaks on a particularly icy spot of sidewalk, and had what I like to refer to as No Traction. He stopped moving forward, yes, but the 6-foot wheels in back didn't. The started sliding right towards Sister Kapustina, and there was nothing I could do about it but watch and wonder what on earth I was going to tell President. Um, oops? Sister Kapustina met up with a tractor and lost. Can I still go out walking without her, or should I take her along? It's just that she's not terribly conversational at the moment... Luckily for me I didn't have to tell president anything, because the tractor wheels stopped about 8 inches from where she was standing. Whew. Good days!
In any case, that's all you get for this week. Next week I'm sure will be much more interesting, because I'll have new scenery and companions and Korea to talk about. And maybe not. Don't get your hopes up.
Enjoy yourselves, Stay SAFE, and try to find somebody to share the Gospel with this week.
Much love,
Sister Read
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment