Sunday, January 17, 2010

To my beloved parental units, family, extended family, extended extended family, and so forth:

Per usual on a Monday afternoon, I'm sitting in an internet cafe (we found one much closer to our apartment, in case you wanted to know) trying to think of what to say about this week. For the record, Russian teenagers are apparently just as fluent in English swearwords as they are in Russian. They just say them all with a strange accent. Go figure. Long story short here, we may or may not be currently on the search for yet another place to write home. Wish us luck.

And given that I haven't got a whole lot on my mind this week, please to be informing Cynthia that I'm DISGUSTED. She knows why. And please to be informing Shana that I'm disappointed in her for letting things get like this. Please also however to be informing them that I rather enjoyed the latest combined-effort missive from them, although it wasn't exactly what I'd call understandable first time around. And therefore: More information, please. From both of them.

So January is, in case you wondered, apparently the month of holidays in Russia. New Year, Christmas, Old New Year, Something about Baptism on the 19th (although I see from your letter dad that it's "Baptizing - Sacred Epiphany" day... whatever that means. Thanks anyway), and about 100 other random reasons to take a day off. So. With the holiday, everyone! With the holiday!

Last week (or the week before... I can't actually recall at the moment) when Sister Ivanova and I wanted to go play in the snow didn't actually work out, so we're going to try again this week... only this time we're taking an investigator with us. We decided that it was about time that we got acquainted with the families of our members, and so we took it upon ourselves to stop by and talk with them this week. Guess it worked, because Natasha (mom of one my favorite members. Yes I have lots of those. So what?) declared that we need to go wander around nature with her. Well okay then.

Anyway, I'm all out of time and ideas and tolerance. Soo... I love you all, please to be feeling free to do something wild and crazy this week (don't do anything I wouldn't do), and take a trip to the temple for me, please?

-Sister Read. Or Rad, according to one of our investigators.

No comments:

Post a Comment