Family:
Today you get first letter, because the computer I'm sitting at has no word program, and it refuses to open the Official Letter to the President without one. So. While I'm waiting the 20 minutes for OpenOffice to download and install, I'll go ahead and update you all on the random acts of... goodness, I suppose. Also known as: my mission.
Last week's adventure on the snowy slopes of the mountains behind our apartment was a successful one, I think. We hiked around for hours and hours and hours (or possibly just one. Either way), took lots of pictures, and generally made fools of ourselves in the snow. It was nice to get out and wander around nature for a while, and it was even nicer that we got to go with an investigator. Work and play all at once. Hooray!
So it's official: when I get home I'm definitely going to need to buy a new set of scriptures, because mine are taking a beating. Sad day. I've had those things for more than ten years now. Which reminds me. Advice to all those going on a mission (or who are thinking about going on a mission, or who know somebody on a mission, or heck, have even heard of such things as missions): learn to love the Book of Mormon. I mean love it. Because you kind of use it a lot in this business. Like really, a lot. Go figure. Basically what I'm getting at here is that the Book of Mormon is kind of what you might call important. Maybe. But feel free to draw your own conclusions on that one.
Anyway, OpenOffice refuses to open, so I've got to go figure out some other way to write to President (Email is just SO yesterday). I love you, stay safe, and try to keep the nasty bacteria away for a while.
-Sister Read
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment