I really was going to send you a picture of me in my hat today, but then I forgot the little computer-connecting device and in any case I feel all yucky today. Which one of you is responsible for sending me Strep Throat? Okay, maybe it isn't Strep, but it still feels nasty. I may even have to go into the nearest clinic and get myself checked out. Ick. Maybe tomorrow.
In any case, the weather has warmed up again and the snow has miraculously decided to leave us alone for a couple of hours. Hooray! I'm going to celebrate by spending the rest of the day inside... ish. They tell us that it's supposed to continue like this until the 4th, which is fine with me because it means I don't have to wear nearly as many layers.
But. I don't write letters just to talk about the weather (although it is such a fascinating topic). Let me tell you about my week instead. For Christmas we got together with the district to eat and watch the Christmas Devotional by the First Presidency. Eat dinner, that is. Not the Christmas Devotional. It's always nice to get a reminder that there really are other members of the church in the world,and that they really do do things like show up for devotionals and Conference and church in general. Sometimes I forget that the church isn't just made up of 30 missionaries and few handfuls of members.
We also had a branch Christmas activity on Friday, complete with skits and music and other expected Christmas-y things. Also fun, and it went off surprisingly well, considering that we'd only planned it a few days before. Hooray for being missionaries!
Anyway, I realize that today's is a particularly lame letter, but I can't think of much else to add that I haven't already said. I love you all, I expect New Year's to go smashingly, and... I dunno. Enjoy yourselves?
-Sister Read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment