Sunday, November 28, 2010

I bought myself a Russian hat. HA.

BUT. You, unfortunately, don't get to see pictures for at least another week because I only just bought it today and in any case it was too cold to take my camera out on the street. My ears feel warmer already though.

Did I mention that it got colder this week? Well it did. I realized yesterday, as we were standing on one of the many many bus stops (is that one word or two? Busstop? No, that doesn't look any better. Maybe I'll add a hyphen. Bus-stop. That's better) around here, trying to get out to one of our less-actives, that I was wearing almost as much as I was on Sakhalin in January (minus one pair of thermals) and I was still freezing. I'd say it's a good thing that I bought my hat, because winter looks like it's going to be... long. Yay! If I lose a toe, I'll make sure that they give it to me in a bag to carry home. Ick.

In any case, you (well, dad at the very least) seem to have noticed that they've taken away my junior companion and given me a greenie. Hooray! Not just any greenie, either. She's a real, true-blood, living American (although okay admittedly she has lived in Moscow for the past... I don't know how many years because her dad works there and so she probably already speaks Russian anyway, but that isn't the point). I won't actually meet her until she flies into Khabarovsk tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure we're going to have an entertaining transfer or two anyway. Right when she gets into the city we have to take all of her stuff and get to the registration office as fast as possible, because apparently that's the very last day/time that she can be officially registered here in Russia before they start thinking up fines. That should be veeeeeery interesting. We'll see how things actually end up working out.

I don't actually know what else to tell you this week (and I'm almost out of time anyway). We had a lesson with a pair of investigators that lasted three hours because they decided that it would be better to teach us than to have us teach them. I laughed. Still haven't got any intention of leaving the church, though.

Okay okay okay, that's all you get for now.  I love you all, I expect you to have an enjoyable beginning of December (what happened to November? And October? 2010, for that matter?), and... so forth.

Much love,
Sister Read

No comments:

Post a Comment